Wheelchair Adapted Car
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW
As from 2020 bookings the WAV is only authorised for use when the disabled member is on board.
2020 prices include a second hire car group B which can be picked up at the airport or delivered to Spokes.
Spokes has a wheelchair adapted right hand drive Renault Kangoo which has Portuguese registration. We do not have a license to hire cars but we are allowed to offer this as complimentary use during your holiday.
FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TRANSPORTING THE WHEELCHAIR USER AND AT NO OTHER TIME WITHOUT THE SPECIFIC PERMISSION OF THE MANAGEMENT.
If you have a disability parking badge make sure to bring it with you. The car 4 seats plus wheelchair. The cars in Portugal are insured rather than the driver. but any driver must be over 25 years and the driver held a full license for 5 years.. Non clean licences must be divulged before arrival so that we can inform the insurance company to arrange permission. Please bear in mind that the cars are right hand drive so its useful to have a driver with experience driving their uk cars abroad.
The cover is fully comp.. There is an excess of 350 euros in the event of your fault accident. This is covered within your 500 pounds damage deposit. We would strongly advise no alcohol whatsoever when driving. The limit here is half that of the UK and there are many police road stops to check . Should you have an accident when over the limit you will have voided the insurance and be fully liable for any damage caused.
THE CAR IS ONLY FOR THE USE OF TRANSPORTATION OF THE WHEELCHAIR CLIENT AND SHALL NOT BE USED OUTSIDE OF THIS..... WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE OWNERS.
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DECLARATION
1. Spokes has a wheelchair adapted Renault Kangoo for complimentary use use during your holiday for the sole purpose of taking your wheelchair user out and about and is NOT intended to replace a hire car.
We do not hire you vehicle but offer its complimentary use.
The cars in Portugal are insured rather than the driver but you must have the agreement of the owner for use ...without this agreement the insurance is nul and void.
Please bear in mind that the cars are right hand drive so its useful to have a driver with experience driving their UK cars abroad.
If you have a disability parking badge make sure to bring it with you.
2. The vehicle is only available to people staying with us at Spokes.
3. The vehicle is fully comprehensive insured for any driver minimum age 25 maximum 70 and 5 years full driving licence, with no accident claim within the past 5 years, and no points. In the case of an accident the driver is responsible for the excess insurance of €350.
4. For you to borrow the car we will require a copy of the allocated driver drivers licence and passport.
5. On your arrival we will issue you with a letter of authority to use our vehicle during you stay. Only the person with a letter of authority form us will be permitted to drive the vehicle.
6. The vehicle is only for use within the Algarve and not to be taken out of Portugal.
7. The motorway A22 is a toll road. Tolls are electronically recorded by the number plate of the car, guests are responsible for their charges, and must be reported to the owner if they have used A22.
8. It is important to remember that in the event of an accident that you are borrowing the car from us.
9. Any speeding fines or parking fines are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle, we have a point system now in Portugal.
10. The car is only for the use of transportation of the wheelchair client and shall not be used outside of this, without the express permission on the owners.
11. If the cars are being misused, or reckless driving, the owner will remove the use of the cars immediately.
12. If the car is not available due to mechanical issues, maintenance. accident etc the we will arrange a replacement WAV if available AT THE CLIENTS EXPENSE.
13. Any damage caused to the car during the dates that you have use of the car will be deducted from the damage deposit this includes, tyres, interior, exterior.
14. The car is a complimentary offer for you to enjoy getting out and about with a member in their party with a wheelchair, if for any reason you are not happy with the car, please do let us know and we can help you arrange a hired car.
15. In the event of an accident the police must be called dialling 112, we should also be contacted on 00351 935417843/917483286. A yellow vest must be worn and a triangle placed 30 metres before the vehicle depending on the situation, these items are supplied with the vehicle. Do not move the vehicle until the police allow you to.
16. The car loan is not a compulsory item so please do note this can be terminated immediately if the owner requires.
17. It is no longer legal to use the old paper licences, so please make sure you have the digital card form licence.
If there are more than 5 in your group, it is highly recommended that you rent another car.
If you would like to make alternative arrangements and hire an adapted car which has unlimited use please contact us for further info.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
have read and understand the above terms and conditions. I confirm that I have had no accidents or convictions in the last 5 years and have held a driving licence for at least 5 years ( please disclose any accidents/convictions so that our insurers can assess any excess)
I understand that if there any police fines, road tolls etc attributed to my use of the vehicle during my stay from................to............... details of my licence and uk address will be forwarded to the relevant police authority.